Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pink Plaid nails


My gas company sent us a report card the other day, apparently we are part of some pilot program where they will send us a report card and let us know how we stack up amongst our neighbors as far as how ‘efficient’ we are. We didn’t do so well, out of 100 households we ranked 76. We have a brand new furnace and our water heater is only two years old, so I think it is unfair to say we aren’t as efficient, they just meant that we used more gas than other people. The whole thing bothered me, I like my house warm!  They also suggested in the letter that we lower our thermostat by 10 degrees when we are not home, I really don’t think my girls would appreciate that. They are the type of pampered girls that get their nails done like they did on Saturday (Millie has green nails and Jules has red).

I painted my nails in my very comfortably warm house on Saturday, after the girls got their nails done. For this manicure I used my brand new China Glaze Rich & Famous, and NYC French White TIp. I used my NYC white instead of my OPI because the brush is a lot smaller, in general it is a terrible white and I hate it.
They are like pink Burberry

I love these nails; I annoyed everyone at work by showing them off this week while I shamelessly gushed about how awesome they are. I took the pictures on Tuesday so some of the nails look a little worn but overall the manicure has been holding up very well, I got my first chip today. Rich & Famous has a pretty terrible name, but the color is great. It is just the Valentine’s color that I was looking for. I used two coats on these nails and they didn’t really need another.
With natural light

The white was terrible, the pink showed through really bad on some nails and I had to go over the white several times, which just led it to look chunky and streaky. I wish I would have just used my OPI and been careful with the wider brush. The design was actually pretty easy to do but it took a while just because I wanted to go slow with the lines. For obvious reasons, my right hand is a little shaky but as I didn’t pick a very forgiving color scheme I’m not too surprised.
I finally did a decent job with my cuticles

It dawned on me recently that I’ve been doing my nails for right at a year now (since the end of the gel manicures). I know I haven’t saved any money by not getting my nails professionally done, but I’ve really enjoyed painting them.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would rate very well in that report card. 60 degrees during the day and 64 when we are home....Juno thinks your girls are weak :) PS I LOVE THESE NAILS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juno hides behind her mom when the big bad basset barks at her

      Delete