Friday, March 29, 2013

Chick nails


Jules had her well-puppy appointment today at the vet, I’m actually not totally sure what they call them but I assume they are called well-puppy exams. You will all be pleased to know that she is a happy and healthy puppy, who managed to lose a pound over the winter. Everyone at the vet’s office loves Jules, she is so cute and friendly they all want to meet her, she is happy to meet them too and stick her tongue in their mouths with lightening speed, I did say she was friendly after all.

For this manicure I really wanted to do bunnies, this goal resulted in a bunny battle and no bunnies on my nails. I wanted to do whisker-less bunnies (due to space) but Thad insisted that without whiskers I couldn’t really call them bunnies. I’m going to try to find a way to make the whiskers fit, I still have a few days until Easter. For the design I ended up doing I used Orly Lemonade and Prelude to a Kiss, Ulta Sun-Sational, China Glaze For Audrey, and OPI You’re Such a Budapest. (I have to say, OPI comes up with some of the best names, I chuckle every time I see this one.)
Easter Eggs and Chicks

I wanted the non chick nails to look like Easter eggs and I’m pleased with how my middle finger turned out. This was the first time I tried to do a zig-zag, it was harder than I expected, hence the reason there is only one small line of it.
Are they ‘egg-ceptional’?

My chicks look a little like blood thirsty serial killers hell bent on destroying the Earth, and sort of adorable, they are a bit of a mixed bag. I’m still not used to doing nail art on the shorter nails but I will say that my nails are growing remarkably fast; I almost can’t call them short anymore. They are already making the clicky nail noise when I type, and my typing is slowing down. I know everyone is super excited about it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment