Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Starfish nails


My best friend Jackie is getting married next month, which means I get to go to Vegas with my sister. I don’t think I’ve been so excited for a wedding since my wedding. I just booked the hotel and it is finally feeling close. I’ve only been to Vegas once before (also with Jackie) and we had a blast. I think it is kinda funny that the two trips I’m taking this year are to Vegas and Disney World, I’m a diverse lady J. I don’t know what nails I’ll do for Vegas but I’m sure they need to be very sparkly and super gaudy; I shouldn’t have a problem with that.

For some reason I decided I needed beachy nails and I got to say, I’m loving these nails. For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM Barracuda, China Glaze Itty, Bitty & Gritty, and Orly Prelude to a Kiss. When I used the China Glaze last time I hated it but it for this manicure it worked so well for my starfish. I love the different textures on my nails!
Starfish nails

These nails are just fun, they are bright and beachy and I really love them. I can’t get over how great the starfish turned out. They were a little tricky to do but only because as the paint dried it was really hard to put on so I had to work fast. My shells are just ok, I did the shape of them pretty well but the lines just look weird. I think I should have made the lines thinner and made the shells bigger so I could do more lines.
Now I want to do Patrick the starfish nails

I originally got the light blue for Cinderella nails but after using it for these nails I’m super happy I got it. It’s such a pretty blue! I love the Sally Hansen CSM brush too; it’s very wide which works great for my nails since I have quite a bit of surface to cover. I don’t think it would be a good brand/brush if you had small nails unless you really like getting messy. Hope you enjoyed my starfish nails as much as I do J

1 comment: