Wednesday, September 11, 2013

China Glaze - Whirled Away nails


I get way too excited about some things, like way too excited. I would like to think this trait could be considered cute and not crazy, but I guess that is up to interpretation. I generally get excited about really small things; based on this start I bet you can guess I got excited about something small recently. I got an invitation to be part of the Nielson TV group and I’m way too excited. They sent me a postcard last week that said the survey would arrive shortly; I actually checked the mail with unbridled enthusiasm each day until the survey packet came. I thought this meant that I was in like Flyn, but apparently getting into the Nielson TV family takes more work than that. I have to fill out the survey and send it in and then they decide if I’m going to be accepted into the group. Oh! This additional anticipation is going to kill me! Want to know the best part? They paid me $2 for doing the survey! What?!?! This thing that I’ve been ridiculously excited about for days is also going to provide me crisp $1 bills? What an amazing week it has been, now fingers crossed I get in.

I’m not as excited about these nails as I am about the survey I got. Don’t get me wrong, there are some aspects of the manicure that I really like, but the overall errors are just too big for me to happily gaze upon these nails. For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM Butterscotch and China Glaze Whirled Away. The China Glaze is like nothing I have ever owned before, to me it looks like white and black confetti floating in a clear coat, if it was shiny at all I would call it glitter.
China Glaze – Whirled Away nails

The polish is super cool and I love the overall look of it, I just had some trouble applying it which caused a million air bubbles to straight run these nails. Lesson learned, when applying this polish use thin coats and just do a bunch of them until you get the coverage you want, if you put on thick coats in order to put all the pieces you want on your nails, you are going to end up with a crap ton of ugly bubbles.
There are so many bubbles they almost look like they were on purpose

I think these nails look like modern art and from far away I loved how they looked. I have to give this polish another try and do thin coats to see if it behaves better. These nails also make me want to do more black designs on that putrid yellow color too, for some reason I like how it looks with black.

No comments:

Post a Comment