Monday, September 2, 2013

Party nails


My birthday is tomorrow!! I have already had such a fun weekend and my birthday hasn’t even happened yet J On Saturday I had a birthday party, this was only the second birthday party I have ever had, so needless to say I was pretty excited about it. Thad decorated our yard and it looked so cute, he also got me a taco bar and it was amazing. We have a bunch of tacos and beer leftover from the party but I’m pretty sure those are the best leftovers ever. Thank you to everyone who put up with my drunk ass at my dirty thirty J

These were my party nails (not to be confused with my birthday nails which I’m painting later tonight). I loved the design I had with my striper overload nails so much I decided to recreate it with different colors. For this manicure I used Ulta Oh!, Sally Girl Matte Top Coat, and a ton of stripers.
Party nails!

I can’t even begin to say how much I love the matte top coat on the orange, it looks so frosted and smooth in person, I just love it. I think these nails look like feathers even more so than the first time I did the design, I can’t decide which ones I like more but I do know that I really dig these nails.
These nails say “I came to consume tacos and beer”

My co workers spoiled me for two straight weeks with birthday surprises and the matte top coat was one of them (who nice are they?). I got to say, I actually like the Sally Girl matte top coat over essie, crazy right? My essie is super thick and leaves white dots on everything but this top coat went on really smooth and didn’t leave any streak lines like the essie does. It takes longer for the matte finish to happen but overall I really liked the polish.
 
Love these nails

I was so happy with how these nails turned out and they worked great for a taco themed party J. I’m going to have to go through all my stripers and see what other color combos I can come up with, this design is just too much fun to only do twice J

1 comment:

  1. It kind of reminds me of fire also. Like birthday candle flames!! :)

    ReplyDelete