Sunday, March 17, 2013

Short nails


It’s been hard getting used to these short nails. For the first few days my fingertips were super sensitive since they hadn’t touched anything in a long time. I was happy when that wore off. You know when you get your hair cut short and the first time you shower you use way too much shampoo? I had the same issue with painting my nails, I had way too much polish the first time so there was polish pooling along both sides; these nails are going to take some practice. I have found that I’m much faster at typing at work with the short nails, further proof that my nails are indeed for form and not function. I just keep having to tell myself that they will grow back, they will grow back.

This post will be two manicures because I totally jacked up the first ones. For the first manicure I used Zoya Ray, Sally Hansen CSM Parrot, and OPI Alpine Snow. They looked really nice before I made the rookie mistake of doing dishes too soon after finishing my manicure, I wear gloves and they gloves left a wear imprint on my nails.
I really like dark colors on short nails

I was bummed when I messed these up because they were really cute, but it did give me an excuse to paint my nails again so I was ok with that. For my second short nail attempt I used Orly Prelude to a Kiss, Zoya Ray, Sally Hansen Parrot, and China Glaze Running in Circles, Deviantly Daring, Turned upTurquoise, and Paper Chasing. I think I was much more impressed with how these turned out than anyone else. I thought they looked like fish scales and I loved all the different colors together.
Layered polka dots

I just bought the Orly and Paper Chasing the other day at Ulta. I really wanted a nude since I didn’t have one and I think the Orly is going to work very well for that. It is a little on the pink side, but so am I. My nails looked really weird with just the nude on them but I’ve seen so many nude nail designs recently I just had to buy it. The China Glaze is the green I’ve been looking for; it’s a great Kelly green shade and has just enough shimmer to keep it interesting. When I bought it the lady that checked me out told me like five times that it stained her nails really bad and it looked like she had nail fungus. She then told me how important base coat is, duh Ulta lady, base coat is important.
Do you like the nude as a base?

I got tired of green nails super fast. I didn’t even do a special St. Patrick’s Day manicure. I could paint my nails pink for a whole month but I only made it like four manicures in with green nails before I was so tired of green I just stopped painting them. I’m really looking forward to Easter nails though so hopefully I’ll start painting more soon J.

2 comments:

  1. I like it that you consider your nails short here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long nail beds which make them look longer than they really are

      Delete