Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Black and Sand


I love to sing to my dogs, I mean I really love to, and if you have had the great honor to hear me sing you know I sing like an angel (by angel I of course mean a stray cat with its tail caught in a blender). Like any good dog mom, I enjoy changing the words of real songs so that they relate better to my little girls. Because of their keen hearing, my dogs rejoice at my singing so much that I feel singing to other people’s dogs is something I should do as often as possible.





Jules enjoying my singing
 

All of this does vaguely relate to my nails. I decided to name them “Black and Sand” because I like to sing Black and Brown (to the tune of Black and Yellow) to my friend’s Doberman. I’m not sure if she was aware that I sing about her dog but now she is. . . and I stole the song from her so I’m doubly weird.  I actually painted my nails last night but didn't have time to write about them because of Grimm, so you can blame Grimm if you were waiting on the edge of your seats for this post. For these K9 inspired nails I used OPI Cozu-Melted in the Sun (greatest name ever) and Orly Liquid Vinyl (I use that one a lot).



I know you want to sing it in your head, “black and sand, black and sand”



Thad suggested last night that I try to do nails like a toucan’s beak so I spent some time today doing Google searches for Toucan Sam, it appears that I need to find a good orange-yellow so I can make them happen.

2 comments:

  1. Omg thank you for the juno shout out!! Love these nails btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sang it. A few times... out loud to my cat.

    ReplyDelete