Thursday, August 23, 2012

Girly nails


I often get asked how I have time to paint my nails. I think the answer is really simple, I watch TV a lot and paint my nails while I watch terrible television. For instance tonight I painted them during Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings, on Sunday I painted them during the last episode of Sex and the City. I guess the real question is why don’t other people have time for bad TV? When people ask how long it takes to paint my nails, or how I have enough time, it almost feels like they are judging me for spending time on my nails, like there is something better that I could be doing. True, I am not a very good house keeper, weeds have killed two of my lilies, and I feel that dust is a noun and not a verb, but I should be able to spend my time away from work how I please. Manicures usually take me about an hour, most of the time is spent waiting for something to dry (and getting sucked into Law and Order: SVU). My longest manicure by far was my R2D2 nails, but they were so cool. The whole time I had them I flashed them in front of people saying “these aren’t the droids you’re looking for”, my little geek heart swelled with happiness.

 

I loved them so much I took pictures before I cleaned them up, I then forgot to take pictures after I did clean them.


For tonight’s nails I decided to go a little girly (I was watching wedding shows after all). I used OPI Rosy Future and Alpine Snow. I love Rosy Future; it is iridescent and so pretty. I decided to try pinstripes (one of the weddings had pinstriped invitations) and although I’m not happy with how they turned out, I am intrigued enough to try them again.

 
Please disregard the weird background.


Hope you enjoyed the nails and don’t forget the show Abby and Brittany premiers next week on TLC, everyone should set their DVR like I did.

1 comment: