Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Request Nails


Today I had my first manicure request. I was walking on the treadmill on my lunch (I don’t know what to do on these hour long lunch breaks I have now) when one of my lovely coaches requested I do a white and black manicure. Not being one to say no to my adoring public, I painted my nails that very night (after eating like 8 pancakes, sorry Natasha). I think they turned out pretty cool, although my line work is pretty bad, we can blame that on my syrup high. For these by request nails I used Sally Hansen CSM Shell We Dance?, Orly Liquid Vinyl, OPI Alpine Snow, and some striper polish. Side note about the black, you may have noticed I use black a lot. I actually didn’t own black polish until quite recently. Growing up black nail polish (for anything other than lady bug spots and the like) was banned in my home along with hair dye, and all makeup. I was with my mom when I bought the Orly, I felt dangerous and grown up. I’ve found since this moment of rebellion that I really like black polish and I’m a huge fan of pairing it up with other colors. It seems like I should post a picture of my mom here but she would hate that, so instead here a picture of her nails when she let me do them.
Strawberry manicure, we had a long discussion of what color strawberry seeds are

I really like Shell We Dance? as a base coat, it works well when you want a bare nail look but your nails aren’t nice enough to sport the tips nude. I didn’t think I would get to type “sport the tips nude” today, it sounds way too gross to include in a blog that also mentions my mom.

 
 

They kind of remind me of Minnie Mouse

I hope you enjoyed the nails Natasha!

No comments:

Post a Comment