Saturday, September 1, 2012

Penguins!


My birthday is so soon! It is so soon in fact that last night I got my first birthday gift from my husband. Thad bought (and assembled) a nail tech table for me for my birthday. It is technically a crafting table, but I’m going to call it my nail tech table because that makes me feel fancy. He told me that it was sad watching me try to paint my nails on a TV trayJ.
Me at my new nail tech table, as you can see beer is a necessary tool.

Since I got a new toy I had to paint my nails last night. I decided to try something fun since I know they will only last until tomorrow (I have big birthday nail plans). When I was little I was borderline obsessed with penguins, I had penguin everything in my bedroom and would randomly tell people penguin related facts that they didn’t request. My best friend growing up (and my best friend now for that matter) loved killer whales; we didn’t really discuss the irony that her favorite animal ate my favorite animal, although she has admitted later that my love of penguins was a stumbling block in the formation of our friendship. My love of penguins has subsided quite a bit, I’m now much more interested in owls or hippos, I bet they would make cute nails too! For these penguins I used Orly LiquidVinyl (of course), China Glaze SplishSplash, OPI Alpine Snow, and Sally Hansen CSM All Fired Up. The orange is just a striper polish; I still haven’t found the orange-yellow beak color of my dreams.
I didn’t clean them up at all before the picture, I’m ok with that

The horrible red blob thing was supposed to be a bowtie; I really need a dotting tool. My penguins are a bit lumpy and I wish I would have given them arms/fins/wings, but all in all they are kinda cute. An old lady selling peppers at the famers market seemed to like them, she might have just been hoping for improved pepper sales, but I’ll take it. I’m pretty jazzed about my table, it makes me seem legit, thank you honeyJ.
Aerial view of my new table, notice there is a new beer. . . perhaps that why my penguins were lumpy

2 comments:

  1. the owl's on your pinkie and ring finger are the best! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are penguins! I guess that means I need to work on my nail fowl :)

      Delete