Sunday, September 2, 2012

Cupcake nails


My birthday is tomorrow! I’m so excited and today I got birthday gifts from Thad and my friend Gayle. It seems that Thad’s birthday theme this year is ‘nail art’ and I’m totally cool with that. He got me this sweet nail brush set that comes in its own case. It snaps closed and then you roll out the brushes, I look like a total professional! I am going to have to Google YouTube videos to find out how some of the brushes work, but I still feel pretty slick.
Nail brushes!

Gayle got me a gift card to Ulta (among other things, you gave me too much Gayle) and I plan to use every penny on colors from the OPI Germany collection, pictures of nails to follow :). I have known that I wanted to try cupcake nails for my birthday for a while, so armed with my new bushes I set to make my nails look delicious. I used so many colors I decided to just take a picture instead of listing them all out.
I used all these, two base polishes, and nine different stripers

I decided to use off brand white because I wanted the frosting to look lumpy like frosting, wait, is my frosting not supposed to be lumpy? Anyway, I had a lot of fun with these nails and I’m already looking forward to doing them again. I think I’m going to use more glitter next time, glitter always seems like a good idea when you aren’t taking it off.
Happy Birthday cupcake nails!

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!

2 comments: