Saturday, September 29, 2012

Paw Print nails


I’m so very hot and tired. I spent eight hours outside in the sun today running an obstacle course to help benefit the local animal shelter. It was really fun, and it always feels good knowing you helped raise money for puppies, but OMG am I tired. I don’t think I have ever spent that much time outside without beer to help me through. I also forgot to put sun block on my face so now I have a lovely stiff lobster face (joy). The sun burnt face is a small price to pay for my fun weekend so far. I played hooky from work yesterday and met my brand new niece. She is super cute (I’m sure I’m not bias at all). My plan when I got there was to take a picture of my nails that also included my adorable niece; I wanted to show how amazing the tip wear on Fast Track is. This plan did not go as planned. It took me a few hours to build up the courage to actually hold her, and the moment she was put in my arms she screamed bloody murder. I’m sure my family got pictures of me looking terrified and my poor little niece begging for someone else to hold her, but I’m not really in the mood to put one of those on my blog. I swear all babies can tell that I’m broken inside and don’t carry the gene that causes other women to flock to infants and coo about them. Oh well, she will like me more when she realizes that I want to spoil her.

Picture of the amazing tip wear (day four with no touchups) in my baby free backyard

I followed up my fun filled niece meeting experience with the shelter event today. I wanted to do a paw print nail in honor of the four legged benefactors. I’m really pleased with how the paws turned out but I wouldn’t use the same color combination again. This manicure used Orly Liquid Vinyl, Sally Hansen CSM Shell We Dance?, and Zoya Daul. I usually use Shell We Dance? as the back end of a French manicure, this is the first time I’ve done a whole nail in it, and I’m not thrilled. The color is so similar to my skin tone that it makes me feel like my hands look a bit undead, are zombie nails going to be the next big thing? One of my favorite things about this manicure is that it was really quick. I was able to go from my cherry blossoms to these in right at an hour, including dry time and removing the old paint.
Have I mentioned that I love my dotters?

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do for tomorrow’s nails, but I’m pretty sure it will include some of the awesome new loose nail glitter my mom got me from Avon. You can always count on your mom to support your habit J

No comments:

Post a Comment