Friday, September 7, 2012

Nautical nails


Every now and then while doing my nails, I’m reminded that I am not artistic at all. This especially happens when I decide to try to free hand something. Since I have that lovely set of new brushes, I thought I would give nautical nails a try. Maybe I can blame the fact that I am in no way nautical as the reason that these nails turned out like a let a child paint them. I’m not quite sure what traits I would need to possess for me to consider myself nautical, maybe if I didn’t get seasick and if I liked being in the sun. Alas, my pale, tender-tummy self will have to keep both feet on the ground. One bright spot in this nail fiasco was the absolutely amazing blue that I used.
It’s so freakin pretty, the picture is from the Zoya website that's linked below

I got Zoya Song as a birthday present from my sister-in-law (I won’t pretend my brother had any part in selecting nail polish for me). The color is simply gorgeous; it’s a super deep, rich blue that has silver micro-glitter throughout it. After the first coat I knew that I would love this polish forever. The color is a thing of beauty; the formula however, is not. This is my first Zoya so I don’t know if this is normal for the formula, but I found Song to be very runny and difficult to apply. I got paint all over my fingers because the polish would pool up on the sides and spill over. The color was quite opaque after one coat so I think next time I’m going to try to put it on in very thin layers and see if that helps with the pooling. This is going to be a perfect Ravenclaw color for when I try my hand at Harry Potter nails.

I think I’ve stalled long enough on showing my sad nautical nails. Aside from Song the other polish I used was all stripers.
It is supposed to be an anchor on my pinkie

I still need a good Hufflepuff yellow if anyone has any suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great blue. So, what are the ring and pointer fingers supposed to represent?

    ReplyDelete