Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Flowers


A staple in any nail artist’s portfolio is flowers. It appears that there are as many tutorials online as there are flower types (by that I mean there are a lot). I haven’t really gone into the wonderful world of flowers yet because up until very recently I didn’t have dotters, and dotters appear to be very important when trying to do flowers. Since I just had super geeky nails (mani-nerds?) I decided to do something very girly for my nails (I did that right after my amazing R2D2 nails too). I wanted to start out with very simple flowers; I have plans for more complicated pansies and roses later. For these girl powered nails I used OPI RosyFuture and Alpine Snow, China Glaze Gothic Lolita, Ulta Sun-Sational, and Zoya Daul, in case you were wondering, Daul is freaking amazing and I’m already in love with it. It is a light purple that is so jam packed with gold and pink micro-glitter that it is almost hard to see the base color. I can’t wait to use it again and cover more of my nail so I can see how it looks in a larger swatch.
French tipped flowers

I’m going to have to put anymore white French tips on hold for a while. The ‘bad’ part of my nails is still not grown all the way out and it is really obvious that my nails are not smooth when I paint the tips white. I haven’t had gel polish on my nails since January and they still aren’t all the way grown out, it’s crazy how long it is taking. The line I used by the tip is a periwinkle striper polish; it is much more purple in person than it is photographing as.
I figured you wanted another picture

I think next time I’m going to try putting a rhinestone in the middle instead of using yellow paint, rhinestones make everything better after all. Believe it or not, I’m going to pay someone to paint my nails on Friday, crazy I know. Hope you enjoy the girl nails!

1 comment: