Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Needle Marbling


My birthday is over and I had to go back to work today. On my last day off yesterday I managed to find time to paint my nails and to get Jules’ nails done. Yes, I paint my own nails but I pay to have my dog’s nails painted (and cut, I’m not a weirdo). Petco painted her nails a really pretty pink called Rose Foil, and I could tell right away that she felt like a princess. She also felt like a princess when the lady at the Wells Fargo drive through included a dog treat with my receipt, very classy Wells Fargo. After getting Jules home I tried to get a picture of her pretty feet like I did for Millie, but she looked so sad in every picture. It appears that she managed to already get dirt all over her toes, it’s like she is a dog or something.

 
I couldn’t put a picture of her on my blog looking sad so I just didn’t include her face.

Thad continued my awesome nail art birthday theme by getting me an insane number of rhinestones, they are a little overwhelming. I’m pretty sure that I will have rhinestones on my nails from here on out.
 
Holy rhinestones Batman!
Jules was very generous and she got me a fantastic nail color for my birthday (featured in this manicure). She gave me my very first polish from OPI’s designer series; needless to say I was excited. For this manicure I used OPI Indulgence, and Sally Hansen CSM in Shiny Penny and Gilty Pleasure. I had seen swatches of Indulgence online before but they didn’t do the color justice. Not only does it have a great formula, the color looks like fire in a bottle. It is the perfect Christmas red but could also easily go vampy if need be, in short, I love it. For the accent nails I did a technique called needle marbling, while the paint was wet I pulled a needle through it to create the cool striped effect.
I think the black rhinestones look like caviar.

Even though I just painted my nails yesterday, I’m so excited to paint them again. I got four new colors from my sister-in-law that I’m itching to make into owls.

2 comments: