Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cherry Blossom nails


It has been so long since I wrote on my blog! I assume everyone was checking back daily and sighing deep regretful sighs every day when a new blog didn’t appear for your reading pleasure. I truly apologize for all the mental anguish my not maintaining my blog has caused. This weekend was busy and fun. I actually paid to get my nails done on Friday. We went to Liv Aveda and got a mani and pedi. The pedicure was amazing as always (I chose OPI I’m Not Really a Waitress), my feet are still so soft. My manicure on the other hand was disappointing. I loved the color (OPI Brisbane Bronze) but she simply didn’t do a very good job painting or shaping them. I don’t mean to sound full of myself, but I totally could have done a better job. She missed spots on the second coat (mostly around the tips) that ticked me off each time I looked at them.
Pretty color, but overall boring manicure

I saw a cherry blossom manicure online a few months ago and since then I thought it would be fun to try. For this manicure I used China Glaze Fast Track for the base and then stripers for the design. I forget how much I love Fast Track until I use it again. It's like a nude but better, in person it is a light sand color filled with gold micro-glitter so it sparkles in the sun. I used a dotter and mixed colors together to make the flowers.  I added the rhinestones at the end because I thought it would be cute, I still haven’t decided if I think it is too much. I want to get a nice gray and try the cherry blossoms on a gray background at some point.
I think they turned out really nice

I’m volunteering at the ArfWalk on Saturday to help raise money for the local animal shelter, I think I’m going to try to do paw print nails for the event so my nails can show their support too. On a side note, Thad and I just got iPhone 4s phones today (I know I’m behind) and we are having a blast having Siri send inappropriate text messages. I apparently have the sense of humor of a five year old.

1 comment: