Thursday, September 20, 2012

Flowers: take two


I’m so excited about this weekend! My friend Gayle is getting married on Saturday so we are getting our nails done tomorrow, two things I love. Weddings have to be one of my all time favorite things; I love everything from the flowers to the excuse to wear a pretty dress. I haven’t gotten my nails professionally done since this last March so I’m also excited about the opportunity to get a mani and pedi (OMG my feet need it). My last manicure was chipping a little last night and I couldn’t bear the thought that the nice ladies at Liv Aveda would think I allowed my nails to be chipped on a regular basis so I painted them. I didn’t want to get rid of my flowers so I did more flowers. Practice does really make perfect (or at least better) because these flowers are much more successful than the last ones. For this manicure I used OPI Aphrodite’s PinkNightie and Y’all Come Back Ya Hear, China Glaze Splish Splash, Gothic Lolita, and For Audrey, and Sally Hansen CSM Parrot (so, just a few colors).
The rhinestones took forever to put on

I really like how these turned out, they aren’t fancy at all but they are super cute and just fun. I need to take time to express just how disappointed I am in Y’all Come Back Ya Hear. First, the word ‘now’ should be in the name, the phrase is “y’all come back NOW, ya hear”. Second, the formula sucks. It is super runny and thin, maybe I have been spoiled by better OPI in the past, but this color is just terrible. It is almost see through when you put it on, like a sheer but not sheer enough to layer with it. Perhaps I shouldn’t be upset since I got the color on clearance at Ulta, but I was really looking forward to a good beak orange and although this one appears to fit the bill (I’m so funny) it really just falls short.
Let’s forget my anger with another pretty picture

Well, I need to be off to watch Parks and Rec (love that show), I’ll post a picture of my paid manicure later.

1 comment:

  1. nice honey, your really getting good at doing your nails... which I think would to be much harder than doing someone elses

    ReplyDelete