Tuesday, June 18, 2013

China Glaze - Itty, Bitty & Gritty nails


I hate sleeping alone, I’m so spoiled and now I have a hard time going to sleep in my house by myself. In case you couldn’t figure it out by context, Thad is gone tonight. Thad and I have lived together for almost 8 years and I’ve only been alone a handful of nights (I told you I’m spoiled).The girls and I are having a rough go of it. They just keep looking at me and making audible sighing noises. I’m terrible about scaring myself when I’m alone, I’m sure watching this Law and Order SVU marathon before bed is a solid plan; nothing creepy ever happens on SVU. To be honest I won’t be sleeping totally alone, Jules will keep me company tonight, I just hope she doesn’t fart in bed.

I feel like China Glaze tricked me. I finally bought a bottle of textured nail polish and I feel like it was a mistake made by the polish company that some PR genius decided to market as being on purpose. For this manicure I used China Glaze Itty, Bitty & Gritty. This color was super thick and I only used one coat for these nails. I also really like the coral color, but I hate the textured polish look.
Itty, Bitty & Gritty nails

I decided to do palm trees and birds because I thought that the texture might look sandy and tropical. I don’t even know what to say about this polish, it really looks like a mistake to me, like they had 80,000 bottles of messed up polish and someone had a light bulb moment and said “let’s pretend it was on purpose!”
They feel like plaster

The only thing I can think that this polish would be good for is starfish. The color and texture would be so perfect for starfish that it makes me want to do starfish nails. I don’t think I’m going to be tempted to buy more textured nails polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment