Monday, June 10, 2013

Matte Black Tiger nails


I’m a huge fan of Sally’s, I’ll pause a moment for you to recover from what I’m sure is great shock and surprise. I had to go to Sally’s this weekend because I was running low on SV base coat and I had a $5 coupon burning a hole in my purse. While at Sally’s I was perusing the nail polish when I couldn’t help but over hear another customer ask the sales lady for advice on water marbling. The sales lady didn’t really seem too excited about water marbling and I couldn’t help but completely butt into their conversation and offer my unasked for advice. It makes it a little better that I happened to work with the other customer, a fact that I wasn’t aware of until after I jumped in like an interrupting goat. I get way too excited about nail art; I think I may have frightened them with my enthusiasm, oops.

This is the manicure that has been on OPI’s main site for what seems like months now, ironically I didn’t use any OPI polish when I did it, sorry OPI. For this manicure I used Orly Liquid Vinyl and essie Matte About You. I’m so happy I got a new bottle of Liquid Vinyl I didn’t realize how bad mine had gotten until I used new polish.
Matte Black Tiger nails

These nails are much more subtle than my normal nails; a couple people even thought that I just had plain black nails until they saw them up close. I had a really hard time taking pictures of them without the stripes completely disappearing. To do these nails I used a striper to put glossy black lines on a matte black base. I went to bed too soon after I was done and since I didn’t have topcoat to protect my nails I ended up with the lovely sheet marks you see in the picture.
It’s really hard to stay up long enough for nails to fully dry

I thought these nails were just ok, they aren’t the type that I’m desperate to do again or anything. I did like having nails that weren’t so gaudy for once, but I’m starting to think that gaudy nails are more me. J

2 comments:

  1. Sally's is hiring part-time associates!! I saw the sign in the window. #employeediscounts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then I wouldn't have as much time to paint my nails :)

      Delete