Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gold Wedding nails


My Disney vacation is in 157 short days. I’m super excited to go, as any rational human should be. To pass the time until December I decided it would be fun to watch the Disney movies that I either have never seen or haven’t seen since I was super little. Netflix has a bunch of Disney movies on their watch instant now so today I watched Dumbo. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dumbo before and it wasn’t what I expected. The movie is super short (just over an hour) and pretty dark for a cartoon. I was so sad when they took Dumbo’s mom away (I feel ok about that spoiler since the move came out in the 40s so if you really wanted to watch it you have had plenty of time to do so). My next movie will be the Aristo-Cats, I feel more in the Disney mood already J

Not everyone is into pink/white wedding nails so I thought I would do gold wedding nails. I have mixed feelings about them but for this manicure I used China Glaze Fast Track, OPI Goldeneye, and e.l.f. 20417. I was going for messy glitter layered tips but they just didn’t turn out quite right.

Gold Wedding nails

I actually like these nails more in pictures then I did in real life which doesn’t happen very often at all. I feel like they are just missing something. If I were to do them again I would also make the tips smaller and try to make the transition less abrupt. I also think they would look better on shorter nails.

I do like nails that sparkle

Overall these nails were ok, with a few changes they would totally work for a beachy kind of wedding, or on a very tan bride (I always think gold nails look better on tan people). I only have one set of wedding nails left, hope you have enjoyed them so far J

No comments:

Post a Comment