Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Leaf nails


At the end of September I got to go to a beautiful wedding. Two friends from work got married at their lake house, it was very rainy day but they didn’t let the foul weather spoil anything. Everything about their wedding reflected them as a couple, I had never been to a wedding in someone’s home before and it was so much fun. I love weddings; I don’t think there is anything better than getting to be a part of the best day in someone’s life. J

I really wanted to do beautiful fall nails for the fall wedding and although they turned out nice, they didn’t turn out how I pictured them in my head. For this manicure I used OPI DS Indulgence and Deutsch You Want Me Baby? and Sally Hansen CSM Gilty Pleasure. DS Indulgence has to be one of the coolest colors I own, it is so rich and fiery, I really need to find reasons to use it more.
Fall Leaf nails

To create these nails I did two coats of DS Indulgence and then sponged the other colors on top (both on my ring finger and only Deutsch on the others). I then used a striper to create the fall leaf design. To make them a little sparkly I put a little gold glitter on top of the black on my ring finger.
It appears I didn’t do a very good job cleaning up the excess polish

I love how the base color turned out but I’m not sold on the leaf design, I feel like it ended up too thick so it doesn’t look quite right. I love fall leaves and I hate that I keep getting them wrong in my nail designs. I will try them again before this fall is over, perhaps third time will be the charm here. Even though it’s about a month late, congratulations on your wedding Joe and Anika, now all you need is a puppy J

No comments:

Post a Comment