Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Minnie Mouse nails


My goddaughter just turned one and she had a polka dot themed birthday party. As soon as I got the invite I started thinking of all the possible polka dot nails I could do. I think that dots are my favorite nail design, they were certainly my first. When my niece was first born my brother and his wife told me that I could paint her nails when she was three, so I only have two more years to go. I really hope she likes having her nails painted; I want her to think I’m cool and not some crazy woman hell bent on painting her nails.

After looking at many dot possibilities I decided to do Minnie Mouse nails, that way I could do dots and Disney. I got to say, I love these nails. I love them so much that I’ve decided that this is the design I’m going to put on my toes for Disney. For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM Frutti Petutie, OPI DS Radiance, Orly Liquid Vinyl and White Tips.
Minnie Mouse nails

How freakin cute are these nails? That’s a rhetorical question; I know how cute they are. The mouse design is so simple but it looks so cute, I was in love with these nails from the first Minnie head. I’m bummed only two pictures turned out of these nails, I don’t remember being drunk when I took them but based on how blurry they all were I must have been wasted, or a bad photographer, one of those.
Not sure why this one is so dark

If I were to do them again I would make the bow bigger and more rounded on the edges, I’m going to leave the bow out all together when I do this design on my toes but that is mostly because it’s almost impossible to do nail art on any toe that isn’t your big toe and I want as many Minnie heads as possible. This design would make a wonderful first nail  art design for my niece when she turns three, perhaps planning the design now would be a little too early though J

No comments:

Post a Comment