Monday, October 21, 2013

OPI - Minnie Style nails


Wow, there really isn’t much I can say to explain the fact that it has been pretty much forever since I last blogged. I caught a nasty case of lazy and Netflix. I know, I blame Netflix too often and I should just take ownership of my own lazy, but it is so much easier to blame Netflix and as previously stated, I’m lazy. To make matter worse, it is my favorite nail time of the year and I’ve only painted my nails three times in the last three weeks, pause for effect, its bananas. Hopefully you forgive me for my long lapse in writing and will find it in your heart to agree with me that it is all Netflix’s fault.

The good part of taking a long break is that I have a ton of nails to blog about. For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM All Fired Up and OPI Minnie Style. Not surprisingly the OPI is from the Minnie Mouse collection. I’ve had my eyes on this polish for a long time and finally got it with my last birthday gift card (I went a little crazy at Ulta that day and actually haven’t bought any polish in over a month as a result).
OPI Minnie Style nails

This is the perfect glitter top coat, I absolutely love it, and not just because it is Disney themed. I put on two coats of red and then two separate coats of the glitter on top of it. Two thin coats worked out way better than my previous method of just gooping it all over and hoping for the best. Strange that a method that using the word ‘gooping’ isn’t the best course of action (Word is telling me ‘gooping’ isn’t a word. . .).
They are just fun

I think one of the reason I love this polish so much is because it’s like a glitter mated with a confetti and had a super fun polish baby. It isn’t too sparkly (as if that is possible) but it is still shiny enough to be fun. I love it over red but I think it would also be fun over pink, white, or black. I bet it would even work as a Christmas color if you put it over the right green.
My manicure was almost a week old when I took pictures, hence the tip wear

So overall: love the color, love the collection, love Disney. I’m pretty sure this color is going to be my Valentine’s Day go to color J

No comments:

Post a Comment