Saturday, January 12, 2013

China Glaze - Sex on the Beach


It rained yesterday in Minnesota, it was so weird. I mean really, rain in January, bananas. We now have no snow in our backyard which means that you can see all the little gifts the dogs have been depositing throughout the yard this winter. It is disgusting. I’m not a huge fan of cold weather, but I want the snow back so that I don’t have to look at frozen dog poop. Being a dog owner is so glamorous.

I did these nails on Tuesday but had a super busy week and blah, blah, blah, I’m blogging today. I really didn’t know what I wanted to paint so I left it up to my precious little angle puppies (yes the same dogs that left my yard looking like a bomb field, that is if bombs were made of poo). They decided that I needed to do paw prints and bones. I had already done paw prints before, but who was I to argue with talking dogs? For this manicure I used China Glaze Gothic Lolita and Sex on the Beach and OPI Brisbane Bronze. This is the first time I’ve really used Sex on the Beach and to be perfectly honest I had totally forgotten I owned it until I saw it in my stash.
It’s a dog party on my nails

I’m not super impressed with Sex on the Beach and I don’t think it is just because it has a terrible name. The color seems like it wants to be a dupe of OPI Cozu-melted in the Sun, but it is a little too pink to be a true dupe. For the first time I actually like the color in pictures more than I do in person. The color went on great, like most China Glaze, but definitely required three coats in order to be opaque enough.
The natural light makes the color really shimmer

After using Brisbane Bronze again, I was reminded just how much I love this color. I think it is so pretty all on its own but it also works great in nail art.
Bow-Wow

Classy nails are nice, but I really enjoy having fun/silly nails. You can’t help but smile when you look down at your hands and you see paw prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment