Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dandelion nails


I love these nails so much I can’t think of any other way to start this but to talk about them, that’s a whole lotta nail love. I had no idea what to do and since my ideas recently haven’t been turning out the way I envisioned them I decided to ask for nail suggestions from a friend. She suggested I do dandelion nails, and again, I love them (thanks for the suggestion Gayle). For these nails I used OPI Rosy Future, Brisbane Bronze, and Alpine Snow and Orly Liquid Vinyl. As I may have mentioned before, I’m kinda a fan of these nails, so I wanted to take a picture of them in daylight since I think that usually looks better.
This is my ‘daylight’ picture, after all that waiting it is the worst one

The hours that I work are not contusive to taking pictures at home in daylight hours so although I painted these nails on Sunday I didn’t photograph them until Wednesday. I’m impressed with how good these still look after three days, there is a little wear on the tips but with this color it is really hard to tell unless you are looking really closely. I wanted the dandelion seeds to look like they were almost blowing off the flowers and I think the overall look of the nails is just what I was going for.
In the kitchen light

The purple background is one of Thad’s many Vikings shirts, I love wearing his shirts as pajama shirts and I steal them often, oops. For the dots on the seeds I actually mixed the Orly with the bronze to get kind of a color in the middle, it ended up more black than I had hoped but that’s ok.
I can’t help it, I think they are so cool

These are my first pink nails for Valentines (I’m aware that it isn’t quite February yet). My plan is to do pink nails between now and Valentine’s Day, not because I really love Valentine’s Day, but rather because I really love pink. I have some fun ideas so here is hoping they come out as well as these did.

No comments:

Post a Comment