Monday, January 21, 2013

Wallpaper nails


I get asked with some frequency how many polishes I have. This is a question I have purposely avoided finding the answer to. I guess part of me thought that if I knew the number perhaps I would be shamed into not buying more polish. Well, guilt be damned, I counted my polishes tonight. Right now I envision my throngs of avid readers guessing and waiting with baited breath to find out just how many different polishes I have. I have 25 striper polishes and (drum roll please) 74 other polishes (this includes base and top coats so I’m not crazy). I need to buy another polish and make it an even 100, don’t you think? Now, some disclaimers on my number, it includes my trial sizes too, I have five trial sizes I think, and as stated above it also includes my base and top coats, so really this number is actually very small.

My manicures lately haven’t been turning out the way that I originally set out for them to. For this one I was trying to do a vintage rose but ended up with something that looks a lot more like wallpaper with an amoeba print. For these nails I used China Glaze For Audrey, Sally Hansen CSM All Fired Up, Parrot, and Frutti Petutie, and OPI Alpine Snow.
Who doesn’t want amoebas on their nails

I really love how the colors go together, it almost makes up for the fact that these do not even look somewhat like roses. For Audrey was a pain to mix up (as always) but went on really well; this is two coats of it. I went too fast with my SV and the pointer got a ridge in it as a result. Just a nice reminder from the top coat gods that SV is super think and needs to be put on evenly. I also got over zealous on my middle finger so there is extra SV on the side, I hate how pictures of nails are super up close so you can see every flaw.
They turned out really shiny and smooth (except for mr. pointer. . . and mr. middle)

I have so many ideas of nails I want to do, hopefully I can get them from my head to my nails a little easier than they have been going. I secretly really like these nails even though they were an epic fail, what can I say, I like ugly nails I guess. J

3 comments:

  1. I don't think these nails fail!! I love the colors together-- those are some of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jackie! These are definitely not a fail, they are awesome and perhaps one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you ladies! I guess I should't have been so hard on them :)

    ReplyDelete