Monday, November 19, 2012

Fall Tree nails


I get so much satisfaction from finding a good deal. I’m not a huge fan of shopping for groceries or clothes, but I love shopping for gifts and nail polish (shocker I know). Yesterday I got such an amazing deal on some new polishes. I was on the hunt for what I was calling ‘turkey brown’ in the hopes I could find a brown that would work for me to do turkey nails for Thanksgiving. I went to Sally’s first and found a great brown for $1.50! I got one other color at Sally’s ($3.29) and headed to Ulta where I got three OPI polishes (one is even a designer series) for a total of $6. All in all I was pretty pleased with my shopping skills and by that I mean I squealed with delight all the way home and then forced my husband to stop watching football long enough to confirm what a good deal I got.

Armed with so many new colors I knew I had to paint my nails (I managed to use three of the four colors I bought and the new base coat). For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM ShellWe Dance? and All Fired Up, Ulta Sun-Sational, China Glaze Mahogany Magic and Glitter Goblin, and OPI BrisbaneBronze and Deutsch You Want Me Baby?. As you can probably tell from that list, my nails have a lot going on right now.
Fall Trees

The base color on my nails is Shell We Dance? it works really well as an almost nude base color for my skin tone. Because it is so similar to my skin tone I have some trouble cleaning it up, I didn’t realize how much they needed to be cleaned up still until I looked at the pictures (sorry). I love my new glitter, it was part of China Glaze’s Halloween collection which is why it was on clearance, but it works as a fall glitter very well. In person it is mostly orange glitter but there is a fair amount of holographic glitter in there too.
It was really bright outside today

My ring finger tree turned out way better than my pointer finger tree. For some reason when I was painting on branches I decided to put some low branches in; I promise I know what a tree looks like. I think these nails turned out pretty fun, I love how the colors all worked together so this bodes well for my turkey nails. Fingers crossed my turkeys turn out better than my penguins.

1 comment: