Monday, November 12, 2012

Owl nails take two


So there is the slight possibility that I drank too much while crafting in my dad’s basement in the middle of the day. I knew that I was starting to make poor decisions when I chose to buy the 12 back of Sam Adams winter collection, knowing full well that that dad would also have beer at his house. We spent a lovely afternoon in his basement crafting Christmas ornaments and drinking beer, great father/daughter time. As I’ve made very clear in other posts, I’m not an artist, but I did seem to be better at painting the ornaments than I thought I would be, I will give that credit to all my hours painting my nails.
Notice the blue paint I somehow got on my forehead

I have had such dark nails lately that I decided to go with something bright this time around for my nails. I did another owl design since I really do love owls. For this manicure I used Avon Lagoon, Sally Hansen CSM FruttiPetutie, China Glaze Riveting, and OPI Alpine Snow, along with black striper. I added rhinestones to the eyes and instead of making them look whimsical it made them look crazy and a bit blood thirsty.
It’s ok if my owls scare you

Even though I painted these yesterday (after the Viking’s game obviously) the tips are already wearing, especially on the nails that have the blue over the pink. Overall I’m not a huge fan of how these turned out; they were way cuter in my head than on the nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment