Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Rhinestone Holly nails


Today was expensive. Let me explain, I drive a VW (right now everyone with a VW is saying ooohhhh) and she had to go to the doctor today, $400 later I left the shop. I’m a bit of a wuss when it comes to driving so instead of putting myself in the situation that would require me to make a left without a light I chose to drive through a strip mall parking lot. This decision didn’t work out well for me, right in front of my beloved Sally’s my car was hit by a lady that said she didn’t see me because a bush was in her way. After getting hit (this is my first accident ever while behind the wheel) I let out a string of blue words that I will never repeat in front of my mom, Sadie (my VW) cursed in German the way only my little German girl can curse. My poor baby is all busted up L.

Now that I have that sad story out of the way I have some super cute nails to show off. These nails are so super cute I couldn’t wait to blog about them, that’s why you are getting a blog two days in a row (you are so lucky). Before I show off the manicure I want to say yes, these did take forever.
So pretty!

Each rhinestone was put on individually; I probably would have given up after two nails if they didn’t look so awesome while I was doing them. The only color I used was OPI AlpineSnow, and it did the job like a champ. Aside from the incredible amount of time I spent putting on rhinestones the only issue I ran into was putting topcoat on after the rhinestones. I needed a topcoat over the white tips and didn’t really think this through until after I had meticulously placed 90 some odd rhinestone. The top coat I use is super thick so when I went to put it on over the rhinestones there was a certain amount of unwanted pooling (you can see it in the picture around the holly). If I were to do it again (which I don’t want to because it was a pain in the butt) I would put topcoat on before I did the rhinestones, although if I did that I’m not sure I would be totally confident the rhinestones would be stuck on well enough, perhaps I will need to try these again after all.
These turned out just how I wanted them

I’m pretty sure these nails were way too fancy for work, I kind of wish I would have saved them for something more fun but I guess they just classed up my expensive, kinda crudy day. I will say though, when Thad came home from work he had flowers for Sadie, he is pretty rad sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. they look wunderbar! and I'm so glad Sadie protected you and kept you safe. She is a class act! and things will work out... although it does not change the suckatwo'dness of the whole day. But the nails sure do. :o)

    ReplyDelete