Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turkey nails


What’s not to love about Thanksgiving? It is a day to hang out with your family and eat way too much delicious food. I love any day that encourages me to be lazy and eat for most of the day. As much as I dig Thanksgiving, I hate black Friday. Thanksgiving is a day when we are supposed to reflect on all the things that we are thankful for and then we follow that up with a day that reminds us how much greed exists. I generally like to stay off my soap box but the whole black Friday thing really bothers me. Some stores are opening up at 8pm on Thanksgiving, and I saw pictures today of people who are already camping out in front of Best Buy! Shopping on black Friday is telling those companies that they are right to put money and greed before the happiness of their employees. Whew, I’ll step off my soap box now and talk about nails.

I really wanted to do turkey nails for Thanksgiving, is there really another time of the year that I can get away with having turkeys on my nails? (I’ll pretend that I don’t roll around with random birds on my nails with some frequency.) I decided to pair my turkey nails with classy French tip nails so that the overall look was still nice and not super cheesy, not that I don’t totally love some super cheesy nails.
Gobble!

For this manicure I used a ton of colors, Orly Liquid Vinyl, OPI Alpine Snow, Deutsch You WantMe Baby?, and Brisbane Bronze, Ulta Sun-Sational, China Glaze Mahogany Magic, and finally Sally Hansen CSM All Fired Up. Oh, and I used four striper polishes. I wish I would have been able to center the turkey a little better or made his feathers a little bigger so more of my nails is covered, but I still think he turned out cute.
The tips are Brisbane Bronze

The last time I paid for a manicure I picked Brisbane Bronze and after buying the color a few days ago I remembered why I picked it for my manicure. It is a beautiful color, it has sparkle but isn’t so sparkly that it feels too loud. The color goes on amazing and looks great in two coats. It is a little hard to use with tips though because one coat doesn’t cut it. I hope you enjoyed my turkeys and have a super fantastic Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. very nicely done Honey! I'm thankful that I get to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete