Monday, December 3, 2012

Dot Gradient nails


Our Christmas decorations are up which means that the living room no longer has room from my nail table. It wasn’t until my table was moved into the guest room that I realized just how much I have come to love that little table. I’ve been rolling the table into the living room to do my nails because I just can’t manage to do them without also watching TV.

I wanted to try a polka dot gradient for my nails but they didn’t really turn out as a gradient. I think I should have used a smaller dotting tool and had more of a plan before I started. For this manicure I used Orly Liquid Vinyl, China Glaze For Audrey, and OPI DS Radiance. I love how the matte finish base coats turned out, essie Matte About You is simply amazing.
They kind of look like snow

I’m usually a fan of China Glaze and I haven’t had any issues with the colors separating or anything, but this bottle of For Audrey is aging poorly. In the bottle the color looks all separated and it isn’t going on the same as it did before. I think I’m going to have to invest in some thinner, I really like the color so I’m hoping for a way to get it back to the way it was before. Aside from the color issues and the fact that my dots are far too large the manicure was pretty quick and easy.
Metallic on matte is just fun

Oh, and in case you were wondering about rhinestone removal from my last nails. I got really frustrated at work on Saturday and picked most of them off while there. The ones that were stuck on hard enough to make it past my anger picking came off super easy with polish remover (so much better than glitter). I’m pretty sure these nails will not last nearly as long as the last ones, I’m tired of them now and I just painted them last night (oops).

1 comment:

  1. very nice, I remember doing your nails kind of like that only I called them polka dot not gradient.

    ReplyDelete