Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas nails


It’s Christmas Eve! I hope everyone is having a super delightful Christmas. I wasn’t feeling well yesterday so Thad let me open my gifts from the girls. Jules got me a nerdy Deathly Hallows keychain and Millie got me a Harry Potter 20 questions game. It is crazy how well it can guess what I’m thinking, it must be magic. I guess this means my dogs know I’m a bit of a dork, oh well; they seem to still love me.

Recently I’ve noticed that my nails are getting out of control long, I have a fear of using nail clippers so I decided to try to just file them shorter. This process takes way longer, but as I have a job that requires me to sit on the phones all day, I tend to have the time necessary to file. An unexpected side effect of all this nail filing (aside from the nail shrapnel that I’m covered with daily) is that my nails are like little razor blades now. They are so sharp that I’ve managed to cut myself and draw blood (the cuts are just like paper cuts in size and level of annoyance). I think they are still a little too long but I’m not going to risk anymore filing, my nails are too dangerous as it is.

Unless I paint my nails tomorrow (and as I work tomorrow I don’t think that is very likely) these nails will be my Christmas nails. Since I’m going over to my in-law’s house tonight I wanted them to look classy. For this manicure I used OPI Alpine Snow and Last Minute Shopper, China Glaze Running in Circles, and Butter Fairy Cake.
It looks like I was a little messy with my top coat on my middle finger

On my ring finger I used holographic dots that I put on individually and on my thumb I did dots of Fairy Cake. The holographic dots are part of the gift I wrote about a few blogs ago, they are super cool but most of them were stuck together so getting individual dots was too hard for me to do on both fingers.
The snowflake on my thumb looks straight crazy

The white design is supposed to look like snowflakes, like classy minimal snowflakes, I will admit that a few of them look like deformed flowers instead. But hey, every snowflake is different, right? Overall these nails turned out the way I wanted them. They are festive without being over the top cutesy (like my reindeer). I usually regret my last minute adds but I’m happy with the black lines to make the overall look more mature (if you can call rhinestone nails mature).
Harry Potter 20 Questions, thanks Millie!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone had as much painting their Christmas nails as I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment