Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snowflake nails


It was such a lazy, snowy weekend that I didn’t manage to take pictures of my nails until tonight. That being said, the pictures I have are of a manicure I did three days ago (I say this so you do not judge my tip wear). I’m pretty impressed with how well they did wear considering that I did dishes without gloves with these nails (upon typing that sentence I realized that I forgot to buy gloves while I was at Hy-Vee, drat).

For these nails I used OPI Alpine Snow and Last MinuteShopper, the red is a special holiday color that you can get for the awesome price of free with purchase of two other OPI colors at Ulta. It is possible that I didn’t need two other OPI colors, but I’m not totally sure.
Let it snow!

I love how shiny the red turned out, this is after three coats but it looked pretty good after two. For the snowflake I used a really small brush and my smallest dotter to get the little lines. I went back through at the end and put dots of silver glitter when I was done.
Thad helped me out with the super up close shot

These nails remind me of the first time I got nail art done. It was right after Thanksgiving four year ago and I got my nails painted red with a classy snowflake; after I got them done I showed them off to everyone at work and made sure I gestured wildly. These snowflakes turned out a bit larger than I wanted but I’m still a fan.
I was pretty sure you wanted another picture

Well, I’m off to paint my nails. I got an amazing early Christmas gift from a fellow nail addict and I just can’t wait to use it. Hopefully this will put you in frenzied anticipation of my next post J

No comments:

Post a Comment