Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Light nails


Some days require drinks after work, today was one of those days. There is something about the Christmas season that makes some people completely unreasonable. Any unpleasantness at work quickly fades away with the appearance of vodka. Tonight I spent my after work hours watching Coming to America and drinking Kinky and Sierra Mist. Kinky is this bright pink, super girly vodka that is flavored with grapefruit. It’s one of those drinks that you regret right away because you just know it’s too sweet. Coming to America on the other hand is hilarious and I forgot what funny Eddie Murphy was like. With that kind of excitement it is surprising I managed to blog.

For this manicure I tried to do Christmas lights, tried is a good word for how these nails turned out. It’s a shame nail blog pictures are taken so up close, these nails actually look pretty cool when you see them from a distance, but alas, their up close shots are not all that I would want them to be.
It was a solid attempt

As you can see I used quite a few colors here, Ulta Sun-Sational, China Glaze Splish Splash and Running in Circles, OPI Last Minute Shopper and Alpine Snow, and Butter Fairy Cake. Oh yes, you read that right, I now own Butter. I got a set of three super fun glitters for an early Christmas gift from a friend. The application with the manicure didn’t turn out so hot though, I wanted the glitter to be a light layer on top (to cover up the insane number of bubbles I had) but it ended up being too dense of a glitter so my pinkie just looks crazy instead.
The glitter is cool, but this was a bad use for it

This manicure had issues from the start, but the worst of it was air bubbles, damn you air bubbles. Air bubbles have a few major causes, shaking polish before you use it, and too think of layers are the biggest culprits. In my case I got so many bubbles because I’m almost out of base coat and the process of getting it out put way too much air in the polish. I’m going to take this as a really good reason to buy new base coat, any suggestions?
I want to be able to take pictures outside again

I wouldn’t say I hate these nails but I would say that I’m really looking forward to repainting them. They seem like a waste since I don’t have much Christmas nail time left.

3 comments:

  1. I think they are cute!! And yes, the glitter looks crazy. I was initially not super impressed by my Seche Vite Clear base coat, but my last mani lasted waaaaay longer. This could be a result of the polish, or me filing my nails shorter, BUT it might also be the combo of Seche base AND top coat. Although, I really enjoy my OPI base coat as well. There you go, something to think about in regards to base coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will get an Ulta gift card for Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. I can by no means be as "techy" as your other fan :o) and I have no idea what they think in Russia... I just think your getting so good at this and these nails are super cute!

    ReplyDelete