Friday, December 28, 2012

Butter - The Black Knight and Rosie Lee


We were in a winter weather advisory for most of the last 24 hours where I live. If you are unfamiliar, a winter weather advisory means that it was snowing and driving was less than fun (sometimes it means the heavens are opening up and it is somehow raining ice).  I’m not a wuss when it comes to driving in the snow, but I do respect inclement weather and I make sure to drive extra safe when the weather outside is frightful. This being said, on the way to work today I witnessed something just downright ridiculous. While driving down a residential street the car in front of me stopped, put their car in reverse, and then proceeded to parallel park on the side of the snowy street (while it was snowing more mind you). I mean really? I haven’t parallel parked since my driver’s test and we do not live in some big city that requires parallel parking. I think that person in the SUV was just showing off this morning, and I want to let them know it was completely unnecessary.

Now that I’ve lost the respect of everyone that parallel parks frequently I’ll get to my nails. These nails are totally and completely the type of nails that will make me say “they are way better in person”. I wanted to do glitter overload nails, and in person they are so sparkly that they distracted my friend while we were out drinking (apparently bar lighting is good for glitter). For these nails I used Orly Liquid Vinyl as the base and Butter The Black Knight and Rosie Lee for the sparkle. I would like to take a moment to express just how much I love that my name is in the name of that color, I’m going to pretend they named it after me when I’m all alone and no one can judge.
Kitchen lighting just isn’t as good as outside lighting, please come back sun

Every time I paint my nails with a black base I’m reminded what a poor job I do around my cuticles, black is not a forgiving color. The glitter on the other hand (no pun intended, but it was appreciated) went on like butter (yes that one was totally on purpose). I love Butter. It is amazing. The glitter was so dense and went on so well that I really want to try it on its own without a base color. TheBlack Knight looks black overall but has a confetti of micro glitter. I’m convinced that if I ever man up and do a galaxy manicure it will make the perfect base.
No picture can do this glitter justice

 Rosie Lee is the kind of glitter that makes you want to use it every day. I bet it will look amazing over pink in a super girly manicure, or as classy pink tips on nude nails. Oh the possibilities are endless. I put on two coats of top coat because I wanted the nails to be very shiny, in person my ring fingers are distractingly shiny and sparkly, and it is awesome.
If only I didn’t work during all daylight hours

So overall, Butter=amazing (thank you Gayle!).So, you know how I said my nails are too long and I’ve been hurting myself? Well right after I did these nails I cut my right hand with my left thumb (and yes I did cry out in pain). I took a picture of it to include in my blog to show you how dangerous my claws are but after taking the picture I realized how pitifully small the cut was and couldn’t bring myself to include it and risk everyone thinking that I exaggerated the sharpness of my nails. Perhaps by telling that story I did anyway though, oops. Well, I’m off to start the horrible process known as baked potato nails, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment