Friday, December 14, 2012

Caviar nails


For Christmas my super awesome friend Patty got me a super awesome gift. She told me that she wanted to give me my gift before Christmas because she thought I would “get good use out of it”, I was immediately excited. Patty found forty little bottles of all sorts of different nail swag; everything from loose glitter to foil. I gazed upon my bounty all day at work and will admit that it distracted me from my work more than once (oops).
Gaze upon how amazing this gift is

I had all day to plan what nails I wanted to do and as soon as I saw the bottles with beads I knew I was going to do my first caviar nails. A caviar manicure, for those that don’t know, is a manicure where you cover one or more nails with micro beads so that it looks like caviar. As I have never had caviar I’m not sure how much it actually looks like fish eggs, but you get the general idea. For these nails I used OPI DS Radiance and some blue micro beads.
I can’t stop running my caviar nails against things, they feel cool

I made a lot of mistakes with these nails due to poor planning. For some reason I decided that I should paint all he silver nails first and then do the ring fingers, that was a stupid decision. While I was attempting to dip the ring fingers in my vat of micro beads I ended up hitting the silver nails on just about everything. It was at this point I realized that very metallic polishes are not forgiving at all. Every mistake and bump shows up glaringly, even after top coat.
You can see the mistake in my thumb and pinkie L

My favorite thing about this whole manicure is the texture, the silver nails and very soft and smooth because of the high quality polish and top coat and then the caviar nails are really bumpy even with three coats of top coat. When I put the top coat on the beads it pulled off some of the blue color which made some beads look more silver, the overall effect turned out well though.
So fun

I’m a little worried about taking the beads off but I’m hoping the glitter/foil method works out for it. Thank you Patty for the awesome gift, I’m super excited to come up with more ways to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment