Monday, December 17, 2012

Reindeer nails


I can’t believe Christmas is a week from tomorrow. I have always loved Christmas; I’m the type of person that wakes up at four in the morning to open presents Christmas morning. My parents had the rule that we couldn’t open presents until coffee was made, that didn’t really slow us down, our presents were usually open before the sun came up. One of my favorite Christmas gifts ever was the year Santa brought me a Barbie and the Rockers Barbie. She was amazing, with bright blue eye shadow and a silver mini skirt. That year we lost power due to an ice storm and our brand new puppy (also a Christmas gift) found Barbie and chewed her hand off in the darkness of the power outage. I was not super pleased with Mollie, but she was so cute I forgave her pretty quickly.

I have wanted to do these nails for a while but wanted to wait to do them closer to Christmas. For this manicure I used Sally Hansen CSM Shell We Dance?, OPI Alpine Snow, Brisbane Bronze, and Last Minute Shopper, China Glaze Mahogany Magic and Luxe and Lush, and Orly Liquid Vinyl. 
Rudolph says hi

After I did one reindeer I knew that doing ten would take way too long so I decided to do different designs on the other nail. I’m really pleased with how the dots turned out on my pinkie, it is the most evenly spaced I have been able to do dots. The middle finger ended up red because my red stripes were so bad I had to paint the whole nails red to cover it up, oops. I absolutely love my thumbs; I painted them pale pink and then used the Luxe and Lush on top. No picture can capture how awesome that glitter is, they are huge irregular flat glitter pieces that look holographic when the light hits them.  It was kind of a pain to put on but I think that was mostly due to the fact that this bottle has the most messed up brush ever.
I have never had a glitter like it before

I’m really happy with these nails; if I were to do reindeer again I would make the black outline thinner and leave more room for his antlers. I enjoy the variety of this manicure; they are entertaining to look at.
The polish in the bottle is Last Minute Shopper

Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did! I’m running out of time to fit all my Christmas ideas in, I need to paint my nails more J.

No comments:

Post a Comment