Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ladybug nails


I love myself a good lazy Saturday. Today we didn’t really mange to get much done but I did make time to watch two movie classics from the 90s. I watched My Cousin Vinny this afternoon and followed it up with Pretty Woman. My phone and IMDB application have ruined me to just watching a movie, I have to look it up on IMDB and read all the trivia, then annoy Thad with useless things like “did you know they offered the role of Vivian to Sarah Jessica Parker?” I find some irony in the fact that most men (at least the men I know) don’t find Sarah Jessica Parker or Julia Roberts very pretty, and they were both looked at for the role. I won’t lie, I love Pretty Woman, it is one of my favorite movies and I always watch it when it’s on even though I own it, surprisingly the only other two movies I do that with are Rudy and Shawshank Redemption, they would make an interesting boxed set.

For this manicure I wanted to do something fun but tame it down a little bit. I used Orly Liquid Vinyl, Sally Hansen CSM All Fired Up, and China Glaze Sea Spray. I got the China Glaze on clearance at Sally’s and I love it. It’s this super cool blue-gray, it needed three coats to look right, but I think it was totally worth it.
Ladybug nails

I sometimes try to be modest about my nails, but the grass is awesome on these, I’m beyond happy with how it turned out. It makes me want to come up with more ideas just so I can reuse the grass (dragonfly nails?). I wish I would have made my ladybugs a little bigger so they stood out more, but I like the overall subtle ladybug effect.
Don’t mind me, I’m just a ladybug

I was asked what the dots on my other fingers are for, I really don’t have a good answer to it, I just like dots and since ladybugs have spots I figured I could use them. I do want to take time and say that these nails are ladybugs and not those horrible Japanese lady beetles, I hate those things, they are evil imposter ladybugs. Hope you enjoyed my nail foray into bugs J

1 comment:

  1. I also watch Shawshank Redemption every time its on TV although I own it. Even if it's twice in one day...

    ReplyDelete