Monday, October 15, 2012

Cat nails


With my new schedule I have Sundays and Mondays off, since I’m a party animal I manage to get into all sorts of crazy trouble on my days off. This weekend I went grocery shopping and ran errands that included Sally’s and the liquor store (different days of course since Minnesota is awesome and the liquor stores are all closed on Sundays). I also made sand candles with my dad; it was like a chemistry project that mixed recycling, beer, and melted wax, I’m pretty sure we had entirely too much fun. See? Party animal. I did my nails on Sunday while watching ‘Once Upon a Time’, the only non football related show that appears on our TV on Sundays. I took my polish off much earlier in the day; I’m so please with how well they are growing out, they are not all the way grown out yet but very close.
Naked nails, scandalous

For my manicure I used Orly Liquid Vinyl and Sally Hansen CSM Parrot, I wouldn’t say these nails are puurrrrfect, but I like them all the same. I freehanded my cat heads so that is why they are a bit uneven, but hey, not all cats are symmetrical. I really liked the combination of the cat nails and the regular French tips, I didn’t want to be overrun with feline tips after all, it could have been a catastrophe (I’m so funny).
The dogs did not approve of these nails

As you can probably see on my middle finger, I have had some trouble with tip wear even though I painted these less than 24 hours ago. I’m thinking the tip wear was caused by the fact that I only did one coat of black on my tips (it has such great coverage that you only really need one to coat the nail) and I’ve been using cheaper base coat than normal. I don’t like how my normal base coat looks on the back end of French manicures so I tried a cheaper one and discovered you really do get what you pay for when it comes to base coat. I guess that means I will be forced to go nail polish shopping again and find a new base coat, darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment