Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankenstein’s monster nails


My mom is awesome. She is my favorite shopping buddy, makes the world’s best pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins, and is in general a super cool lady. Her birthday is even on Halloween, that’s how cool she is. I feel like if I told my mom everyday how much I appreciate her I wouldn’t tell her enough. I love being an adult and being able to do things for my mom that I couldn’t when I was a kid, like paying for lunch or driving her places. Today mom let me paint her birthday nails. I have been thinking about these nails for a while, I mean not only are they for her kitchen witch costume (which will be judged) but they are for her birthday, these are big deal nails. Mom was smitten with the nails I did in my last blog, so for her nails I did the base the same way; I used China Glaze Riveting and Orly Liquid Vinyl. For the design I used OPI Alpine Snow, more of the Orly, and a variety of striper polishes. I had to take a picture of her nails before she left so they are not cleaned up yet (I’m messy whether I paint my nails or someone else’s).    
Mom’s nails
Close up, don’t mind the mess

Mom told me that this was the first French tip she has ever gotten, leave it to my mom to have her first French be Halloween themed. I really liked how her nails turned out; I thought the addition of the rhinestone on the spider webs was fun. Most importantly she liked how they turned out; now let’s just hope they help her win the costume contest at work.

I had a bunch of plans for what my Halloween nails would be and it ended up that I am going to rock the nails I painted on Sunday. I just sort of ran out of time to do new nails for tomorrow, mom’s nails were a clear priority. I should mention that I totally stole this design from my fellow nail addict Patty, thanks for the great idea Patty! For mine I used Sally Hansen CSM Parrot with some striper polishes and my good old Orly. I decided that it would be an awesome idea to make Frankenstein’s monster to have a matte finish face and then have glossy features/stitches. Perhaps I decided this because I’m still so in love with essie Matte About You, the world may never know.
Admit it, you are terrified
You know I love them when I do two pictures

Overall I’m please with both sets of nails going into the big day. On Monday, I rocked these nails at the dentist's office and the hygienist asked where I got them done, I don’t think that will ever get old. Happy Birthday mom!!! I hope your day is super fantastic (like you)! Oh, and I should let you know I’ve already eaten half the bag of pumpkin chocolate chip mini muffins you gave me, oops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment