Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween nail decals


This week went by so fast, not the working parts but all the time off parts. Between me trying to get back to working out (it has been three months) and a mid week football game, I feel like my nails have been neglected. They did get some compliments this week, which always helps their sense of well being. At the grocery store the cashier asked where I got them done and when I said I painted them myself her eyes got really big and she did a double take, as you can imagine this pleased me to no end. The Ulta ladies also commented, but I’m starting to think that it is a requirement of their job. Perhaps I will befriend one of them and covertly ask. Halloween is so soon! I still don’t know what nails I’m going to do for the big day but that isn’t stopping me from doing other Halloween themed nails. I got these super cool Halloween nail decals from Sally’s and have been waiting for a manicure to work with them. I’m not super good with putting nail decals on, the directions always say to use tweezers but either the makers of the decals have way better tweezers than me or the directions were written by someone that never actually tried to remove a tiny sticker with tweezers. The tweezer issues coupled with the fact that my nails were wet while attempting the sticker removal resulted in some very necessary touchups. For this manicure I used Orly Liquid Vinyl and China Glaze Riveting (aka the best orange ever).
Simple but fun
Even my thumb got in on the fun

I put a different decal on each finger which I thought made the whole manicure a lot more fun. My right hand has different decals too but for some reason I didn’t take a picture of it and now they are far too sad to photograph. I’m thinking I have time to do two manicures between now and Halloween, and I’m doing my mom’s happy birthday-Halloween nails on Tuesday. So many nail decisions to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment