Wednesday, October 17, 2012

essie Matte About You


Right after I was done writing my blog on Monday I decided to check to see if the mailman had brought me anything good. I knew he had stopped by while I was in the office because my guard dogs barked at him in their menacing ‘stay away from my mom’ kind of way. My basset hound actually has quite a ferocious bark when she wants to, she uses it to scare other dogs (like my friend’s wussy Doberman), alert me to possible neighborhood dangers, and entice her big sister into a crazy wrestlemania style romps.
It’s tough being a guard dog

Usually my mail consists of bills, credit card applications, and advertisements to refinance my student loans, but Monday was special. Monday’s mail included a small padded envelope addressed to me. I tore it open to discover my recently ordered matte finish top coat. I had just painted my kitty nails and here I was with new polish, whatever was I going to do? I started taking the cats off about 20 minutes after opening the top coat, I feel like I showed great restraint. I love my normal top coat, I use Seche Vite and it is absolutely crazy town amazing. Since discovering it I have bought three bottles, I love that top coat (if you do want to buy it I would suggest Sally’s, if you have the club card (which you should) it’s only like $6 compared to $11 at salons). My love for SV aside I decided to buy this new top coat, it is my first foray into matte finishes and after reading a ton of reviews online I couldn’t help my Amazon clicking fingers. I got essie Matte AboutYou and holy freaking goodness the reviews do not do it justice. It is incredible, I’ve only used it the once now but the reviews say that it will turn any nail polish into a matte finish and based on the amazing job it did with Color Club Status Update I fully believe the claims. The top coat went on even better than most essie polishes I have used, it does a pretty good job self leveling but I would caution to make sure you have the whole nail covered, the shiny really stands out if most of your nail is matte.  For this manicure I also used China Glaze Electrify on the tips.
I thought it kind of looked like fall leaves on pavement
Love these so much you get two pictures

I’m so excited to paint my nails again, as soon as I was done with these I started looking at other matte finish manicure ideas. I love the texture the matte polish gave my nails, they look like chalk boards and are smooth but not slick. In general, I’m a huge fan.

3 comments: