Thursday, October 4, 2012

Spiders!


I’m so jazzed about these nails. I had planned out my first Halloween nails for a while before I started painting last night and these look nothing like all my plans. I wanted to do orange and black tips but forgot how much I hate my orange. I was quickly reminded how useless Y’all Come Back, Ya Hear? is when I put the first coat on my pinkie and it was essentially see through. I put on two more coats and it was still very much see through so I decided to take it off and start over. Since it took me about an hour to remove my last manicure (I was under the delusion that loose glitter would remove easier than glitter polish, so this came as quite the shock) I didn’t have a ton of time to do my nails. By ‘ton of time’ I mean more time as I just admitted to taking an hour before I even started painting, so I clearly had already taken too much time by this point. I decided to go with green tips (Sally Hansen CSM Parrot) because I’m a firm believer that lime green is a Halloween color. What do you think? Is lime green a Halloween color? Maybe I just think lime green is a Halloween color because my mom loves funny green colors and her birthday is Halloween.
Spooky

In case it isn’t clear, the little black guys are supposed to be spiders. I was informed after painting my nails that spiders have eight legs. I guess I’ve never really looked that close at a real spider (they are evil and are all plotting to kill me). I’ll pretend I knew the leg situation ahead of time and I chose to give them four legs so that they looked cute and not terrifying.  
My thumb had a spider too

Overall I’m a huge fan of these. They ended up being super easy and I loved the color combination. I have so many plans for more Halloween themed nails this month; I hope I have enough time to get them all in. Saturday I’m doing a Vikings manicure for the game on Sunday and I’m using nail tattoos for the first time, I’m a little nervous about how they will come off my nails but as evidence by the horrible glitter experience last night, I don’t let a lengthy removal process stop me.

1 comment: