Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin nails


The other day I was feeling kind of blah after work and decided that I needed a pick me up, this involved going to Ulta shockingly enough. I had a $5 off a $10 purchase coupon and it was burning a hole in my purse (not really but I think you get the idea, I was excited to spend it). I went into the store with the plan to replace that shameful orange I hate so much. I spent such a ridiculous amount of time looking at the polishes I had several store associates come up to me to see how I was doing, and make sure I wasn’t stealing. At this point in time I was still sporting my shameful blue and green manicure (I’d link it in here if I was blog-smart enough to do that) and I felt unwarrantedly embarrassed of my nails even though the lovely ladies at Ulta were saying nice things about them.  After over 45 minutes in the store I managed to find three colors to get and a new magnet for my magnetic polish (yes I only have one magnetic polish and it already had a magnet, and I’ve only used it once, but I still feel like I needed another magnet).
Magnet polish is cool, how couldn’t I get another magnet?

China Glaze was on special so it was buy two get one free, as a result three came home with me. I found the orange of my dreams (finally) it is China Glaze Riveting, it’s a nice deep but not too dark orange that is filled with orange and gold micro glitter. The color goes on super easy and is opaque in two coats (although I used three). Great Halloween orange all around, I would totally recommend it, it is on clearance right now though so if you want it you better hurry. I also got China Glaze Ghoulish Glow, I’d been looking for this color for a while, I saw it in a Halloween boxed set but I wanted it on its own so when I saw one bottle left for sale at Ulta I jumped on it. It’s a glow in the dark semi matte finish top coat, I’ll let just how awesome that is sink in for little bit. I used it on my pinkies just to test it out, the glow in the darkness of it worked way better on one nail that the other so I think you have to put it on a bit thick. I’m still working out how I’m going to take a picture of it glowing but I’m super excited to paint some glow in the dark ghosts. My last buy was Sexon the Beach, despite having a terrible name the color is pretty neat, it’s a light purple with gold shimmer, I used it in this manicure as the accent in the candy wrappers.
I need to work on my pumpkin teeth

I can’t tell you how happy I am with the orange, I feel like I have a whole world of orange related nails opened up for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment